oops, forgot that I promised to post yesterday on my way to this cold state they call Michigan. I'm not really good and keeping my posting promises obviously.
So, thing that I have done in the cold state they call Michigan:
1. peeled apples
2. read 200+ pages of Redeeming Love (I'm slightly addicted)
3. watched Toy Story 3 (I didn't cry this time)
4. found out that my breaks on my car are more screwed up than I though, thankfully grandma is here to pay for them, I love that woman, even if we don't get along.
5. eaten an entire bag of Swedish fish, and is now working on a bag of sour patch kids
6. peeled more apples
7. gone on a random driving adventure around Grand Rapids
8. decided I'm going to die tomorrow running, here's to hoping i can switch to the 1 mile fun run. =)
Well that's the end of the ""things I've done so far in the cold state the call Michigan" list.
So tomorrow is my FAVORITE holiday EVER!!! reason why: because I get to eat A LOT of food and not get judged for it.
On a little more serious note. Last Sunday in my small group we went around and complemented each other. It had nothing to do with the lesson, but we decided to just do it, because that never happens. I was told by one of the girls that they admire how strong i am in my relationship with Christ. The thing is, I'm not. Or at least recently I haven't been. I want to strengthen my relationship with Him again, but I can't figure out how. I just keep making excuses. I keep telling my self I know I need to spend time with God but I'm just to busy, or I will do it later, or I just don't feel like because I'm tired. But then I wonder why I'm so stressed, and frustrated, and why the holidays are bothering me so much. And it hits me, I need to be spending one on one time with Jesus. He's the only one who can give me the strength I need to make it trough this first holiday season with out my mommy. He's the only one who can make me less frustrated, and the only one who can make me less stressed. As much as I want to lean on people to help me with all these things, they can't. Yes every once in a while you need to talk to somebody, and you need to have those close human relationships that can help you grow, keep you accountable, and challenge you. But you can't rely only on them.