Wednesday, September 1, 2010

you have that voice...


I learned today that I "have that voice". You may be asking what "that voice" is. Well according to my friend Beckie "that voice" is the soothing bed time story reading voice. I put my 19 year old friend so sleep today while reading the beginners Bible to the little boy SHE was nannying. what?

Today, I realized that I miss Romania more than any words could EVER describe. I miss the people. I miss the beauty of the country. I miss the food. I miss the language barrier (weird, but true.). I miss Romania sunflower seeds. and of course I miss my team!

I came home thinking *yeah, I will miss this past month, but, I will get over it, it will fade away.* Well in 15 days I will be home for two whole months, and really, its gotten worse. And every time I talk about it, it gets worse, but I can't stop talking about it, because it changed my entire life. I miss being out of my comfort zone, I miss living in a totally different culture, American culture flat out sucks. We are rude, inconsiderate, not loving people. I am beyond ready to go back out on the mission field, and stay there. I believe that God has put missions and children on my heart for a reason and I want to obey Him and GO.

America. Is. Not. For. Me.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this! Especially the last sentence. You're so awesome Kelsey and I'm praying for you.

    Love,
    Betsie
    xoxo mwuah!

    ReplyDelete